Monday, August 24, 2009

Well, I've been so busy with summer ending and school starting that I haven't blogged in awhile. School started officially on 8/20 and I finished decorating the library about a 1/2 hour before kids showed up. Whew! I decided on a fairy-tale theme and will post pictures when I have a second to take them, I think it turned out really cute.

I've spent the summer reading adult and YA novels, so now I need to get a little Juvenile Fiction under my belt. The kids at my school are voracious readers and I struggle to keep up with their little minds. My goal this year is to do more booklists and posters to give the kids suggestions on what to read. Kids can be so picky, they will tell me that they need a particular book, say a pink, princess book, and I'll find them the perfect one, they'll take one look at it and say Nope! They're like shy little fawns that I have to approach carefully and not look directly in the eye if I want to get them to take my advice.

Anyway, I'm working on fun projects and contests to do this year, to make a bit more effort that in previous years. I'm thinking about a cardboard haunted house contest, more details to follow...


No comments: